The programme is aimed at empowering overweight and obese adults to make long term changes to enable them to live as a thinner person.
The Counterweight Programme is a structured lifestyle programme that aims for 5-10%(5-10kg) weight loss by equipping customers with skills to change their behaviours around eating and activity using everyday foods.
Counterweight differs from other programmes in that the goal for weight change is realistic, factors which may have contributed to weight gain are assessed and the individual is supported in selecting methods to achieve weight loss and weight loss maintenance.
Why I use Counterweight Programmes:
- All Counterweight Programmes are designed to help individuals identify why they have become overweight and equips them with skills to make changes to their eating and activity behaviours without going on a ‘diet’
- When an individual decides to start one of the Counterweight Programmes they are making the decision to lose weight and keep it off for good
- Individuals can be confident that they are choosing a programme that is known to work not only for losing weight but for keeping it off for good.
The Counterweight Programme:
- Proven to achieve medically significant 5-10% weight loss and maintenance at 12 months
- It is a structured weight management solution delivered over a 12-month period
- *Health Insurance companies offer various levels of cover for Dietetic consultations, please consult your provider to see if your policy covers some of the cost.
Who Is Counterweight For?
- Adults over 18 years old
- People with a BMI >25kg/m2
- Individuals who are ready to make the behaviour changes required for weight loss
What Is The Overall Goal?
- To lose 5-10% or 5-10kg of body weight
- To maintain weight loss long term
- Develop long term beliefs to eating and exercise behaviours
- To improve overall health