Helping You Manage Your Weight
Let’s put the record straight, weight loss isn’t easy and what is even harder is maintenance of weight loss.
Currently the global weight loss market is estimated at around £220 billion a year and we are still getting heavier!!
The unfortunate health risks with our increasing weight gain are increased risks of:
- type 2 diabetes
- high blood pressure
- heart disease and strokes
- certain types of cancer
- sleep apnea
- fatty liver disease
- kidney disease
- pregnancy problems, such as high blood sugar during pregnancy, high blood pressure, and increased risk for cesarean delivery (C-section)
So how can Lesley Reid Dietitian help you? What do I do that is different?
We work on:
- Firstly we stop dieting because as you know dieting just makes you heavier!!
- Accountability, we get you being responsible for your choices.
- Assess your medical history, abilities, home life and work
- Past weight loss, what has and hasn’t worked for you
- Assess why lapses in eating happen and how to try to prevent relapses.
- Observe the way you Eat, and being aware of how this makes you feel.
- We address derailment from your plan and how to prevent this
- Planning is key right from the start we set realistic goals that you can achieve
- Finally we build the plan around you as an individual, there is no one size fits all.
- We use the tools, support and programs that work best for you and your lifestyle.